Saturday 5 February 2011

Super Bowl XLV - my pick

There's a chance I won't be home before the game starts tomorrow, so I might as well make my pick now. Truthfully, I made my pick right after the championship round two weeks ago - I think the Steelers will win, because they always win.

One of the reasons the pick was so easily made is because I didn't give it much thought - this is the least excited I've been for a Super Bowl since, well, two years ago when the Steelers played the Cardinals. I loathe both of these teams, Pittsburgh and Green Bay, for very different reasons. I should go into that more at a later date when I have more time.

When it comes down to it, the Steelers have won the close games this season, while the Packers have always lost. The drama with Maurkice Pouncey has felt like a red herring all along. I've been hearing the whole year about how the Steelers have these major offensive line issues and yet here they are in the Super Bowl - it doesn't seem to have made that big a difference, although to be fair, the Packers likely have the best defense they will have faced all year. I have faith that Fat Ben will come through and media darling Aaron Rodgers will not, and I know that Coach Foreman Tomlin will make better game day decisions than Mike McCarthy.

Yukupo is picking the Packers by the way - loser owes the winner a beer! He doesn't know about that part yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment