Thursday 29 September 2011

Up All Night - S1 E3 - Working Late and Working It

Chris frets over Reagan not making an effort to look sexy for him while Ava moons over an old flame.


A couple of paragraphs after the jump.

I almost didn't write anything for this episode, but then I thought, well what would happen if next week something worth writing about happened, and then there was a mysterious gap in the timeline in my archives? I wouldn't be able to live with myself. So for now at least, we trudge on.

My complaints are basically the same as last week - Chris and Reagan as parents are decent characters, Ava is a worthless distraction. She storms off set after an argument with Reagan which ends with an exasperated Reagan saying, "Because that makes no sense." That pretty much sums up Maya Rudolph's performance in the context of this show. The worst part of it is, we did not get to see how Reagan handled Ava leaving before the show was due to be filmed. To me, that kind of seemed like the most pertinent part, no?

The other side of the story, with Chris not so subtly trying to suggest that Reagan dress up at home rather than pulling on the same old vomit caked baggy shirt had some good laughs, but nothing ground breaking. A decent, diverting half hour of television overall.


"Up All Night" airs Wednesdays on NBC at 8:00 pm EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment