Monday 7 February 2011

Quick Hits - Super Bowl XLV impressions

The one time I'm rooting for the Steelers and they go and lose. Thanks a lot, guys. I still think if it hadn't been for that bogus personal foul on the last kickoff, they would have had the mentality to drive up and score. OK, at this point I'm clinging to threadbare strands of hope. I'll just list a handful of things that I took note of during the game. If I have the time and clarity of mind, I'll sit down and write a piece about why I was rooting against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers some other time.




  • Both Lea Michele and Christina Aguilera sounded off their game. Lea was too into the dramatic yelping thing when closing out lines that she apparently thinks is sexy. Meanwhile Aguilera was doing the vocal acrobat thing trying to show off her range in just one word. It didn't quite work though, she sounded like she had been smoking.
  • The game seemed to go by real fast, not quite as fast as Super Bowl XLII, but still at a surprisingly good pace considering the lack of running, incomplete throws and bone-headed interceptions by Ben Roethlisberger.
  • Man what the hell was with those turnovers? They were all bad mistakes by the Steelers rather than great plays by the Packers. If they had just kept their composure, there's no way that Aaron Rodgers was driving 70-80 yards and it would have been plain sailing.
  • I muted the half-time show performed by the Black Eyed Peas and listened to Hikki and FFX music instead because I'm awesome. Apparently, I missed something truly awful, although it wasn't a surprise considering their set looked like something out of the Lawnmower Man. Guest star Slash's appearance was simply bizarre, especially with Fergie writhing all over him like a boa constrictor.
  • The MVP was Roethlisberger, he came bearing gifts, yeah I'm gonna keep going back to that. All Rodgers had to do was lob it in the air and laugh as Troy Polamalu limped from one side to another flailing and failing to cut off the receivers. I'm openly swigging Haterade at this point, let's wrap it up.
  • I was faintly disturbed by the Packers players molesting Roger Staubach while pawing at the trophy he was carrying as he made his way to the podium. Conduct yourselves with some damn patience!


Oh right, I should mention that I stand corrected - I assumed it was Fergie on stage because the Black Eyed Peas were meant to be performing, but having inspected the face it turns out it was Axl Rose trying out a new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment